Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Kurozuka

So for the past few days I've been reading Kurozuka. I didn't like it at first and now that I've finished it I still don't like it.



The art isn't bad but it isn't good either. Thinking back on it now, I shouldn't have continued reading it since I didn't like it in the first place. I should have read the ending before proceeding past the first few chapters. It turned out to be an excruciating waste of time. Saying it now, there is no ending. There is no proper ending. It just continues. The story and the characters continue on, but there are no more chapters.

There was really no development for the main characters. The story starts out a bit confusing but ok in the beginning, however it quickly spirals out of control after a time skip. It becomes unnecessarily messy and unfocused. To sum it up this manga is about running away. Endlessly. The main character whatever his name is, Kurou was used for the majority of the duration; is always running away since the beginning of the manga.

This number of characters could have been kept at the three initial characters since it's a love triangle between them in the end that started it all. Alright, I won't say more; it's not worth it anyway.

I couldn't figure out the characters' motives and feelings from their facial expression. They all look blank except when they're either smiling or crying. Therefore I don't care for any of the characters.

My one motivation was to see the end. An end that never came. I should have learned by now that intriguing stories are never properly finished. The concept was nice but not developed. Vampires and mermaids. Immortality.

I've seen better, happier stories within these two genre's individually. Just because a story doesn't get an ending doesn't mean it has to be bad and utterly unsatisfying. At least the journey the audience experienced was fun and purposeful and not for naught.  This manga however failed. FAILED to make it worth reading.

Don't read Kurozuka if you don't want to be let down.

There is an anime adaptation but I doubt that I will watch it unless I somehow run out of shows to watch that are better than this but that is very unlikely.


No comments:

Post a Comment